Ricky Martin’s nephew, 21, files sexual assault complaint against singer in Puerto Rico

A sexual assault complaint has been filed against pop star Ricky Martin, who recently sued his nephew over what he said were false sexual abuse allegations.

The complaint was filed Friday at a police station in the capital of San Juan, police spokesman Edward Ramírez told The Associated Press on Saturday.

A person who was not authorized to speak about the case confirmed that Martin’s nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sanchez Martin, had filed the complaint.

This appears to be a response to Martin filing a $20 million lawsuit against his nephew after he claimed he had an incestuous relationship with the singer.

Information including who filed the complaint and details of the allegations is not public, given the nature of the complaint.

A sexual assault complaint has been filed against pop star Ricky Martin, who recently sued his nephew over what he said were false sexual abuse allegations.

No names in the case have been released, but the Associated Press reported that Martin's nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sanchez Martin (pictured), filed the lawsuit.

A person who was not authorized to speak about the case confirmed that Martin’s nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sanchez Martin (pictured), filed the complaint

Dennis Yadiel Sanchez Martin, 21, once accused his uncle Ricky Martin of incest

Dennis Yadiel Sanchez Martin, 21, once accused his uncle Ricky Martin of incest

Martin won a lawsuit against his 21-year-old nephew who accused him of incest and abuse.  The singer spoke for the first time about the allegations following the court ruling earlier this week

Martin won a lawsuit against his 21-year-old nephew who accused him of incest and abuse. The singer spoke for the first time about the allegations following the court ruling earlier this week

The person said the complaint does not automatically trigger an arrest because the alleged incident is not recent, adding that police will investigate and determine if charges are warranted.

Sanchez previously sought a restraining order against Martin in July, but a judge later filed the case after Sanchez admitted under oath that he had never been sexually assaulted by the singer.

Flavia Fernandez, spokeswoman for Martin, said her legal team is assessing the situation and not issuing public comment at this time.

Martin, 50, claims he was “persecuted, besieged, harassed, stalked and extorted” by the 21-year-old, whom he calls a “misfit person” according to TMZ.

The Livin’ La Vida Loca singer filed a lawsuit Wednesday in San Juan, claiming Sanchez was trying to “murder” his reputation and made him and his family feel “in danger.”

Along with the artist's lawyers, Eric Martin, the singer's brother, identified his nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sanchez, struggling with mental health issues.  Eric and Ricky are pictured together in a photo posted to Facebook in 2014

Eric Martin, the singer’s brother, has identified his nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sanchez, who is struggling with mental health issues. Eric and Ricky are pictured together in a photo posted to Facebook in 2014

Martin listed a number of embarrassing acts allegedly committed by his nephew, including posting the singer’s cellphone number on his Instagram account and even creating an Instagram account for one of his children, which which made him “uncomfortable”.

He also claims to have lost a number of multi-million dollar deals due to his nephew’s “false claims” and wants the nephew to make up for his losses.

The Puerto Rican singer says that months after Sanchez – the son of the pop singer’s half-sister, Vanessa Martin – withdrew the restraining order against him, he began messaging Martin via Instagram, threatening to ” murder his reputation and integrity” unless he pays for it. .

Additionally, the lawsuit said Sanchez falsely claimed he had been romantically involved with Martin for seven months and that the singer didn’t want it to end and would call Sanchez frequently.

“Nothing further from the truth,” the lawsuit said.

Dropped: Sanchez dropped a restraining order he filed against Martin in July, after claiming they had a sexual relationship, and Martin turned violent after it ended

Dropped: Sanchez dropped a restraining order he filed against Martin in July, after claiming they had a sexual relationship, and Martin turned violent after it ended

The attorneys also noted that a judge previously issued Sanchez two restraining orders in an unrelated harassment case.

Martin says that prior to the restraining order, Sanchez “publicly bragged” about being his nephew according to the publication and inundated him with messages for four months.

The King of Latin Pop asks the judge to order Sanchez to cease all communication with Martin and his family.

The star is a father of four, twins Matteo and Valentino, 14, as well as daughter Lucia, three, and son Renn, three, whom he shares with Swedish-Syrian conceptual artist husband Jwan Yosef, 38 year.

He comes after Sanchez dropped his incest and abuse case against his uncle in late July.

He originally filed a temporary restraining order against Martin on July 1, alleging he had a sexual relationship with the singer, who became violent and stalked him after the relationship ended.

Martin flatly denied the allegations and portrayed his nephew as a troubled young man with serious mental health issues.

Uncomfortable: Martin says his nephew created an Instagram account for one of his children, which made him

Uncomfortable: Martin says his nephew created an Instagram account for one of his children, which made him “uncomfortable”; Pictured with husband Jwan Yosef, 38, and twins Matteo and Valentino, 14, in 2016

A Puerto Rican judge formally dismissed the temporary restraining order, at Sanchez’s request later that month.

After the dismissal, Martin spoke to the press and said to his nephew: “To the person who was saying this nonsense, I wish him the best – and I hope he finds some help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy – and it doesn’t hurt anyone else.

Earlier, he posted on Instagram in response to the court’s decision with the caption: ‘Truth prevails’.

“It was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to back them up,” his legal team said. “We are happy that our client has seen justice and can now move forward with his life and career.”

Losses: Martin also claims that he has lost a number of multi-million dollar transactions due to

Losses: Martin also claims he lost a number of multi-million dollar trades due to his nephew’s “false claims” and wants the nephew to make up for his losses; Pictured 2019

“As we anticipated, the temporary protective order was not extended by the court,” Martin’s legal team continued. “The accuser confirmed in court that his decision to dismiss the case was his own, without any outside influence or pressure.”

According to the original restraining order filed by Sanchez, he claimed that he and Martin had broken up two months prior, after dating for seven months.

Sanchez alleged that Martin did not accept the separation and was seen loitering near his home on at least three occasions, according to the order reviewed by El Vocero, a Puerto Rican newspaper.

Martin’s legal team told DailyMail.com at the time that the accuser was “struggling with profound mental health issues” and outright dismissed the “disgusting” allegations.

Comments are closed.